Cabrillo Advisors is a diversified financial services firm headquartered in San Diego, California, serving successful private and public companies nationwide. We serve our 600+ clients on matters of accounting, finance and strategic consulting. The Compliance team serves government agencies, universities, and other non-profit institutions on matters of operational effectiveness, budgeting/forecasting, compliance, and audit. Our understanding of the unique compliance and control requirements have made us essential to the successful management of grant processes.
We are currently seeking an Accounting Associate to support the firm’s rapidly growing Compliance team. Our ideal candidate is client service-oriented, proficient in grant management & risk assessments, has strong ownership of processes, and an attention to detail. Successful candidates must have a strong understanding of Excel and experience working within different accounting systems. Specific work experience in non-profit, university and government accounting/finance/audit roles puts you to the front of the line.
Salary: Annual salary commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time, San Diego based, some travels required.
Cabrillo Compliance serves its rapidly growing client base in a variety of mission critical functions. As such, an Associate should have the ability to:
- Perform accounting/grant management/financial management related tasks depending on the assigned projects.
- Performing accounting tasks while adhering policies and procedure and GAAP principles.
- Compile and reconcile a variety of financial transactions and statements.
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and other financial related activities.
- Perform month end closing responsibilities including accuracy in journal entries.
- Research accounting processes, variances, and implement necessary changes.
- Identify and communicate concerns/risks with management.
- Submit reports/updates to management and recommend improvements if needed.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of accounting practices and tools; assist with financial system-related conversions and implementation.
- Schedule meetings and trainings and take comprehensive notes.
- Maintain the highest standards of ethics and privacy with client and internal data.
- Contribute to other projects, tasks, and administrative duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher degree in business related fields
- 3 years of relevant experience working in accounting, grant management, budgeting, and forecasting
- Knowledge in risk, assurance, and/or non-profit industries preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel, financial information systems, and financial analysis/reporting.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity and dependability.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent time management and consultation skills to work with partners and staff on a variety of projects with varying deadlines.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 40 hours per week, OT when required.
- Monday to Friday; occasional weekends.