Cabrillo Advisors, Inc. (Cabrillo Compliance team)
Cabrillo Advisors is a diversified financial services firm headquartered in San Diego, California, serving successful private and public companies nationwide. We serve our 1200+ clients on matters of accounting, finance and strategic consulting. The Compliance team serves government agencies, universities, and other non-profit institutions on matters of operational effectiveness, budgeting/forecasting, compliance, and audit. Our understanding of the unique compliance and control requirements have made us essential to the successful management of grant processes.
We are currently seeking an Accounting Associate (Award Management) to support the firm’s rapidly growing Compliance team. Our ideal candidate is client service-oriented and proficient in grant/contract management (award accounting and closeouts), has strong ownership of processes, and high attention to detail. Successful candidates must be excellent communicators, have a strong understanding of Excel, and experience working within different accounting systems. Specific work experience in university, non-profit, and government accounting/finance/audit roles is strongly preferred.
Salary: Annual salary commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Remote, Full-time, San Diego based, some occasional travel possible.
Cabrillo Compliance serves its rapidly growing client base in a variety of mission critical functions. As such, an Associate should have the ability to:
- Perform accounting, grant/financial management related tasks on various projects, including closeouts and reporting
- Ensure work products and processes adhere to internal policies and procedures and general accounting principles.
- Reach out to customers/clients to ensure timely action and responses
- Reconcile a variety of financial transactions and reports
- Research accounting processes, variances, and other issues as needed
- Develop in-depth knowledge of accounting practices and tools
- Assist with financial system-related conversions and implementation.
- Schedule meetings and trainings and take comprehensive notes.
- Maintain the highest standards of ethics and privacy with client and internal data.
- Contribute to other projects, tasks, and administrative duties as needed.
- Bachelors Degree in business related fields.
- 3+ years working with advanced Excel formulas and functions
- 2+ years working with financial accounting systems + financial analysis/reporting.
- Knowledge in risk, assurance, and/or non-profit industries preferred.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity and dependability.
- Ability to work efficiently and transparently in a remote work environment.
- Ability to manage time and prioritization of work across various projects with varying deadlines.
- 40 hours per week, OT when required.
- Monday to Friday; occasional weekends.